How Can Physical Therapy be of Effective Help?
Physical Therapy has for ages been quite a popular and effective resolution to rid the human body of various ills related to it (the body). But many people remain confused and uncertain about how PT actually works. Are you one of them? If so, then going through this blog will provide you with the related information.
In this treatment technique, trained professionals evaluate and treat abnormal physical function that can be caused by disability, disease and injury, etc. The therapist is generally a licensed medical expert who is adept at diagnosing physical abnormalities and restoring all-round body balance, physical mobility, etc. It should be noted that physical therapy can be a standalone option or can also be used to supplement and complement other treatments.
When a patient decides to visit a physical therapist he/she can expect the following:
- Undergo an overall evaluation and physical exam. This includes the health history along with various testing procedures such as evaluation of posture, flexibility and movement, muscle and joint motion, etc.
- Get a clinical diagnosis, a plan to take very good care for both short and long term goals, prognosis.
Receive a few self management recommendations, instructions and tips, which include exercises that can be done at home to enhance the body function and performance.
- Receive physical therapy treatment based on the therapist’s diagnosis.
The technique or procedure of physical therapy is used to treat a wide array of medical conditions. We have listed below some of the common conditions that benefit from this type of treatment:
- Hand therapy for conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome and trigger finger.
- Cardiopulmonary conditions which include cystic fibrosis, chronic pulmonary disease, myocardial infarction, etc.
- Other neurological conditions i.e stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, injuries of the spinal cord, brain injuries and vestibular dysfunction.
- Musculoskeletal issues such as rotator cuff tears, back pain, temporomandibular joint disorders.
- Sports injuries such as tennis elbow and concussions.
- Developmental delays, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, etc.
- Women’s pelvic floor dysfunction such as lymphedema and urinary incontinence.
- Conditions related to diabetic ulcers, wound care and burns.
There are therapists who specialize in dealing with a particular branch of some conditions, just as there are doctors who specialize in one field or area of medicine. So, before deciding to consult a therapist, you need to make sure that he/she has adequate expertise in the particular field you need treatment for. If you are looking for a physiotherapy center in New York City, rely on Southwest Physical Therapy. We provide the best treatment services at a relatively pocket-friendly price. Our specialist therapist has many, many years of experience in all areas of physical therapy and is specialized to provide Myofascial Release Therapy. So worry no more and restore your body balance with our support so you can enjoy life once again.