Our website has covered most of the topics related to physical therapy. But, today we try to touch on a subject matter that is rarely discussed anymore. We do understand that when it comes to your health, relying on a pioneering, innovative technique never tried before can be a difficult cause of concern and hesitation for you. To put an end to such hesitations and inhibitions, Southwest Physical Therapy has decided to provide you with all the information related to physical therapy.
Let us now talk about the subject in full detail. In physical therapy, due to the different variables, there is no one way of going about things. You must realize that PT deals with a wide array of health issues ranging from chronic pain management to circulatory disorders. Hence, the technique for treating patients differs on the basis of different variables and problems, medical history, age, and so many more factors that need to be taken into account when formulating a treatment Plan for a patient. It is necessary that the physical therapist know all the available techniques so they can help patients suffering from various issues.
We have classified physical therapy into six major categories for your understanding. Go through them very thoroughly so you can put an end to all uncertainty.
- Pediatric Physical Therapy – We all know that children grow in a rapid manner. This can often lead to growth pain (no, not Growing Pains 😉 and be cause for tension. In that event, pediatric physical therapy is both helpful and effective. There are times when kids need help building strength in their muscle or even skeletal system if the bones grow too fast, the muscles may face problems catching up with the pace, thus leading to the pain. It must be kept in mind that the process of practicing physical therapy on children is totally different from that of adults.
- Geriatric Physical Therapy – Similarly, the technique for old people is different and is of the most common types of therapy. With age, muscles no longer work as they used to. Undergoing proper therapy sessions helps our seniors compensate for weakened muscles, adjust posture and gait, and even reduce the likelihood of future injuries.
- Orthopedic Physical Therapy – Injuries caused due to accidents or other factors can create long-term damage to muscle strength. With the help of orthopedic physical therapy, lost strength can be regained and all-round body balance restored.
- Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Types of Physical Therapy – This is one of the rarest types of physical therapy. These patients are suffering from severe heart attacks or circulatory disorders. Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Types of Physical Therapy aims to increase the endurance of key muscles and also make the patient self-reliant and independent in the foreseeable future.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation – This branch of physical therapy focuses on dealing with problems to the inner ear. Injuries in the inner ear cause dizziness. With the help of vestibular rehabilitation, one increases muscle strength, thus leading to more steadiness.
- Neurological Physical Therapy – Dealing with injuries related to the spine or brain falls under this branch of physical therapy. You should know that these issues are not treated in a moment. However, physical therapy is certainly effective in helping to greatly improve the patient’s quality of living.
You now know of the different categories of physical therapies. In the event you are facing any health issues of your own, always remember it is best to go with the most natural, organic way. Southwest Physical Therapy in Brooklyn, New York City, has been providing top-notch physical therapy services for decades now, having helped thousands of patients along the way. To know more, please go through the services offered by us on our website and give us a call right away to book your appointment.