By John Amaro, DC, FIACA
Life: The Rules
- You receive one body, which, should you wear it out, you would have nowhere else to live. You are expected to perform maintenance, alterations, and improvements on a regular basis. How you feed and care for your body is paramount to how long you will operate at maximum efficiency.
- You are enrolled in school from the first day of birth. Lessons are taught every day. You are given the opportunity to learn from these lessons. Some lessons will be thought of as stupid and irrelevant: some will be embraced, liked and enjoyed.
- There are no mistakes, only “learning experiences”. Growth is a process of trial and error along with experimentation. The failure experiment is just as important to our lives as the so-called successful one.
- A lesson is repeated over and over for weeks, months, or years, until it is ingrained and learned. Throughout your life, a lesson can be presented to you in various forms by a variety of people in a variety of situations until you always score an A+ on it; only then can you proceed to another lesson.
- Learning never ends and there isn’t a part of life that doesn’t contain significant lessons. Every day, every waking hour, we’re confronted with thoughts, situations, and experiences that we can learn from.
- “Over there” is never better than “right here”. Whenever “over there” becomes “right here” we will always find another “over there” that seems more appealing than the current “right here”. ( Read three times. There is a great lesson “right here” because humans are never satisfied.)
- Other people’s mannerisms, quirks, or personalities, that we either love or dislike, are merely mirror images of us within ourselves.
- What you make of your life is totally up to you. You have been given all the tools and resources you need : what you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours. Free will.
- A question, challenge, or situation is never posed to us unless we are prepared and ready to answer the question, accept the challenge or the right situation.
10. What you see in the universe sees you.