Tips on How to Self Massage Myofascial Trigger Points
Massaging your own self might seem peculiar and difficult at the beginning, but learning to do so properly can successfully be effective in untangling knots in the muscles or the tissues attached to them. Stiffness and/or tension in the fascia or muscles is often the cause of intense pain and restriction of motion. This sort of pain can only be resolved by undergoing Myofascial Release Therapy. Reading this blog will empower you with the basic knowledge of how to massage your own trigger points in order to get rid of moderate lower back or neck pain.
- Myofascial trigger points can very easily be treated with the help of self-massage. You always retain the option of choosing to seek the expert help of professional physiotherapists. Professional help bears the most effective results but self- massage is the most cost-effective and can bring about the desired results as well.
- Locating & identifying the affected area of stiffness or trigger points and then applying manual pressure on them is really all this is about. To know more about Myofascial Release Therapy, you are advised to learn all the information that is readily available on our website.
- The technique of massaging one’s own body is still considered an experimental alternative treatment for pain that always is certainly worth trying.
- A few minutes of rubbing can be helpful in the riddance of moderate pain. A simple self-massage with your thumb or tools could prove effective in eliminating Myofascial pain.
- Self-massaging also directly helps the muscle tissue get rid of dilemmas such as cramps. Applying such a method literally squeezes waste metabolites out of a trigger point. The myofascial trigger points are usually caused by tunnel syndromes, slight nerve entrapments, etc.
Even when armed with all such detailed knowledge, actually applying, practicing and performing an effective massage to get rid of muscle pain is not an easy task to do. Finding the trigger points is the most difficult part of the job. If you still feel unsure about self-massaging trigger points, then do not hesitate to consult an expert. Here at Southwest Physical Therapy, we provide excellent physiotherapy services to our patients at the fairest prices in the Brooklyn area.. We place special emphasis into restoring the overall body balance of our patients. Our Specialist has complete experience in this field and is adept at handling hurdles of any difficulty level. Therefore, do not ignore your body’s pain and continue to live a pitifully agonizing life when you can act to get rid of it once and for all.